If you’re reading this, you’re probably aware of the basics:
Farrell Associates is a boutique head-hunting firm, based in Covent Garden. We specialise in recruitment for financial services; asset management, financial technology and data are our speciality.
But how do we stand out from the crowd? Find out here:
1. We’re a small team with a big dream, and we’re making it happen.
Recruiters get a lot of bad press, and we’re working to change those negative perceptions.
We deliver a service, not a sale. We like to think of ourselves as an extension of your company. That means we form partnerships with our clients and our candidates, and we won’t just disappear once the job’s done (see point 2). We value quality and detail over everything. We are well-known for sending out fewer CVs, that we ensure are tailored to the job description.
2. We add value to your recruitment process.
If you’re a client, we get to know you first; from the size and specialisms of the company right down to the nitty-gritty of the position you’re trying to fill. Then we headhunt to find you the highest quality candidates that will also fit right into your corporate environment. We do the screening for you – and send you a few profiles that we’re sure you’ll love the look of.
We are always eager to learn if we can be doing any more for you, and we won’t be phased if you change the requirements as the process progresses. After you’ve hired, we stay in contact. We like to keep building on what we know about your company, so we can continue to deliver our service with a personal touch.
If you’re a candidate, we also get to know you first. We want to know what makes you tick; what is your dream job? What exactly about your dream job is going to get you up on a cold, rainy, Monday morning in November? Then we make sure we have a job description that matches. We won’t try and force a square peg in a round hole; we want you to be happy in your new job. Then we coach you through the entire application process – from CV structure to interview technique. We want to help you get to where you want to be.
3. We’re doing our bit to tackle global issues.
As a team, we are committed to making a difference. This is what we’re doing:
- We help provide breakfast for the homeless once a week, at a church near our office. We think it’s important that everyone in our society is valued, so spending time with those less fortunate than us is our way of grounding ourselves and keeping in touch with local issues.
- We’re championing diversity in the workspace. It’s no secret that the financial services industry is dominated by white males, but we are taking steps to raise awareness. For example, we’ll be celebrating International Women’s Day on the 8th March. At the end of the day, we know that it’s all about finding the best person for the job and company, and we’re challenging deep-rooted cognitive biases every day.
- We partner with clients and suppliers that support ethical trade. It is important to us that workers get paid a fair price for their work.
4. Our team is formed of industry professionals.
Coming from notable companies such as Invesco, UBS, Robert Walters and iMPOWER, we know the finance industry inside-out. This means our understanding of the roles we recruit for is unrivalled – sometimes we even recruit for positions we were once in ourselves! Therefore, we know how to explain them in detail to potential candidates. Additionally, we believe that, as specialists, we offer bespoke solutions to the challenges our clients face daily.
5. We are small but mighty!
We may be small, but we have a global presence. We recruit for roles based in the Middle East, Singapore, Hong Kong, and closer to home in Guernsey. We’re also hoping to open offices in New York and Hong Kong in the near future, so watch this space!
“Though she be but little, she is fierce!” – William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Charlotte Robinson, Administrator