Charlotte joined us from Exeter University, having graduated with a BA (Hons) Modern Languages (French, German and Spanish) in 2016. Working with Emma, she manages the Administration function of the business and our social media accounts. Outside of work, Charlotte is a cellist in two orchestras and also devotes her time to tutoring in her local community.
- What was your first job? French Tutor. I started tutoring when I was 16/17, and still do today outside of my day job!
- What’s the best piece of advice you could give someone? Follow your gut instinct; if something feels right or wrong it’s probably because it is! It’s how I’ve lived my life so far, and even though it might mean stepping out of your comfort zone it’s definitely worth it!
- What’s the skill you’d most like to have? I’d love a better sense of direction!
- What’s your favourite holiday destination? Madrid or Rome for somewhere I’ve been, but I just want to see the world; Asia, the Americas, Africa, Australia and New Zealand…
- What are you passionate about? Music, Education and Travel
- What’s your greatest business achievement? I ran Exeter University’s World Music Choir single-handedly during my final year (there is usually a core committee of three or four members). I got the choir out of debt, and ensured there was a full committee to take over from me when I left. But I couldn’t have done it without the support of my friends!
- What’s your greatest personal achievement? I am proud of what I have achieved academically – 15 GCSEs, 5 A Levels, Grade 8 Cello, 2:1 Degree
- What would be your perfect day away from work? If it’s sunny: A spontaneous day-trip to a beach somewhere; a walk on the seafront, fish and chips for lunch while sitting facing the sea, a game of crazy golf and a 99’. If it’s miserable: A duvet day with company, films and snacks.
- What’s your favourite quote or motto? Life is like making a jam sandwich; the more you put in, the more you get out.
- What’s the best/worst quality in a leader? The best quality to have is the ability to communicate effectively on all levels. The worst is either ignorance or arrogance.
- What can’t you live without? Human interaction. I find that I get a lot of my energy from the people I surround myself with, and love getting to know new people!
- Name one person you’d like to have dinner with (and why)? Emma Watson, because she’s successful and inspirational. I also grew up reading and watching Harry Potter, so she’s figured quite heavily in my childhood!
- What would you choose as your last meal? Tomates Farcies or Chicken Stroganoff.
- If you weren’t in your current role, what would you be doing? Having just graduated, and only been in this job for a couple of months, I don’t really know! I think if money was no object, I’d be travelling the world. If professional experience was no issue, perhaps I’d be an orchestral tour manager; organising tours,
and travelling with the orchestras. Travelling seems to be a common theme!
- What is your favourite film (and why)? Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, or La Famille Belier which incorporates my passions and interests in one film: languages and music!
- What’s your favourite pastime/relaxation activity? Orchestral playing
- What in life are you most grateful for? Friends and Family; their support has been endless in all areas of my life and I certainly couldn’t be where I am today without them.
- What is your most treasured memory? Surprising my sister for her birthday, whilst I was on my year abroad living in France. The whole thing, from organising it with her boyfriend and getting her housemates in on it, to jumping on the Eurostar to the UK and then train from London to Liverpool after a day of teaching, was worth the look on her face when I turned up at her house that evening.
- Dogs or cats? Cats!
- If you could have any superpower what would it be (and why)? Selective mind-reading so that I could read people’s mind but not be bombarded with everyone’s thoughts at once (think Bruce Almighty listening to everyone’s prayers! Nightmare!)
Charlotte Robinson, Administrator