Catherine has an extensive background in investment management. Her career began at Legal and General, where she worked her way up to Operational Planning Manager. From there, she moved into a management role at Invesco, before embarking on a new direction in Recruitment.
Outside of work, Catherine is passionate about personal development and yoga. She also loves travelling, and exploring different cultures.
- What was your first job? I had a part-time job selling mobile phones in the evenings after study. It was a brutal, cold calling environment, where you could get sacked on the spot for having an ‘off day’! Being thrown in the deep end taught me how to cope under pressure from a young age.
- What’s your favourite holiday destination? So difficult to decide… The Galapagos Islands closely followed by Bali.
- What’s the best piece of advice you could give someone? Nothing is ever as bad as it seems, and a simple shift in mind set fixes most things.
- What’s the skill you’d most like to have? I would love to be able to sing professionally.
- What are you passionate about? I’m passionate about self-discovery, travelling and helping others.
- What would be your perfect day away from work? Perfect day away from work would be to have a picnic on the beach followed by a sunset bonfire.
- What would you choose as your last meal? I would choose the 14-course taster menu at the Fat Duck!
- What’s your favourite quote or motto? Motto: YOLO! Quote: “If you could only love enough, you could be the most powerful person in the world”.
- What’s your greatest business achievement? Setting up a mentoring programme to support women in their careers.
- What’s your greatest personal achievement? Making the decision to put myself first in order to follow my dreams.
- What’s the best/worst quality in a leader? Best quality in a leader is the ability to listen and empathise. The worst quality is allowing ego to rule the mind, and decision making.
- Name one person you’d like to have dinner with (and why)? Oprah Winfrey – because it would be the most inspiring dinner in the history of dinners.
- What’s your favourite pastime/ relaxation activity? Yoga and meditation.
- What can’t you live without? Being challenged and growth.
- If you weren’t in your current role, what would you be doing? Travelling the world, exploring different cultures, helping people.
- If you could have any superpower what would it be (and why)? The ability to transport anywhere in the Galaxy – because how cool would that be!
- Dogs or cats? Both. I refuse to choose. 🙂
- What is your favourite film (and why)? Pulp Fiction… because it’s THE classic.
- What in life are you most grateful for? My health.
- What is your most treasured memory? Getting to the end of a 4-day trek on the Inca Trail and being greeted with a clear view of Machu Picchu.
Charlotte Robinson, Administrator